Booking Support and Monitoring Executive
Travelfusion, the leading travel search and content aggregation service, is seeking a Booking Support and Monitoring Executive to join our London-based global operations team.
As a member of our operations team you will assist with the handling of bookings from international corporate clients including airlines, online travel agents, hotels and train companies. The ideal candidate will be professional, organised and reliable and able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills both on the telephone and via email. Additionally you will be persuasive and methodical with the ability to pay close attention to detail when reviewing complex booking data. You will also be a dynamic team player and able to multi-task in a busy environment working to tight deadlines. Apart from the supporting customers the role also includes identifying and investigating problematic trends in booking activity and reporting to the bookings and operations team. As you will have exposure to real-time systems and services, discretion and confidentiality is a must.
This role is a permanent, full-time position and candidates must be able to work a shift rotation pattern of days/evenings that will include a Saturday or Sunday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling bookings from international clients and contacting suppliers over the telephone
- Cross checking the accuracy of the data
- Supporting and resolving real time booking errors & report to the operations and bookings team
- Reviewing booking data
- Identifying and investigating problems in the booking activity
- Assessing the booking performance
- Diagnosing trends and patterns in booking data
- Responsible for monitoring real-time booking systems
- Analysing performance statistics
- Reading graphs and statistics
- Proactively identifying, diagnosing and investigating problematic trends displayed in the internal reporting tools
- Data mining
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Client focused
- Team player
- Well organised and flexible
- Responsible and reliable, a patient thinker, able to work under stress
- Data mining and analytical skills with a strong passion for problem solving
- Ability to diagnose trends and patterns in booking data
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent decision making skills
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with clients and suppliers
- Ability to demonstrate good IT knowledge and able to utilise internal monitoring tools for assessing the system performance
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
Desired skills and knowledge
- European languages (Spanish, Italian, French, etc).
- Good working knowledge of Spreadsheets
- Good understanding of web coding languages - HTML/XML - an advantage.
- Commercial experience in a similar support role
- Experience of using Real Time information
- Travel industry support experience
Please click ‘Apply’ now to submit your application for the Booking Support and Monitoring Executive or forward CV and covering email to recruitment(AT)travelfusion(DOT)com
For further information contact Karin Parnaby, Recruitment Partner karin(AT)travelfusion(DOT)com
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS OR ANY 3RD PARTY ENQUIRIES. WE ONLY SPEAK TO CANDIDATES DIRECTLY. WE SHALL REPORT ANY 3RD PARTY APPROACHES.